Effective Date: November 28, 2023. Modified: February 9, 2024.
Users can request to delete their or their children's accounts by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
We collect a minimal amount of personal information to enable the app's functionality and ensure a rewarding experience for both parents and children. The information we collect includes:
- Limited Child Information: We collect the first name or screen name of the child to personalize their rewards and task experiences. We do not collect any other identifying information about the child, such as their last name, address, or date of birth.
- Reward and Task Information: We collect the names and values of rewards and tasks to effectively manage the reward system.
How We Use Your Information
We use the limited personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- App Functionality: We use child names or screen names to personalize rewards and tasks, ensuring that children receive the correct rewards for their accomplishments.
- Reward Management: We use reward and task information to manage the reward system, track children's progress, and provide parents with insights into their children's achievements.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not disclose any personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your information to legal and regulatory authorities if required by law or to protect our rights.
Parents have the following choices regarding their children's information:
- Access and Update: Parents can access and update their children's first names or screen names by logging into their DooCoins account.
- Account Deletion: Parents can delete their children's accounts by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Data Minimization: We collect only the minimum amount of personal information necessary to operate the app.
Additional Information for Parents
We encourage parents to monitor their children's use of our app and to teach them about online safety. You can find more information about online safety at connectsafely.org.